Saturday, May 12, 2007

Thank God for Saturday

I slept in a bit this morning, for the first time, seemingly, in years. Got a little more work done on the two pieces I'm proposing for Wax Poetics. They're rediscoveries of Maze's debut album and Pretty Purdie's debut, Stand By Me. I just bought the latter at Ameoba a few weeks ago. I'll probably do about another draft on each and send them. We'll see.

I need to wash my dirty car. And my wife's car is dirty, too, so I couldn't just wash my car and bounce. That'd be wrong. Funny, but wrong. The Cavs-Nets and Spurs-Suns playoff games come on today, so I'll have to check those out too. Wifey and I are supposed to finally buy a new mattress for our new bed too.

Not a whole lot else. Except I found the following jewels on YouTube. It will be a sad day if they shut that place down. Holla.

Luther Vandross and Gregory Hines -- "There's Nothing Better Than Love"



Marvin Gaye -- "What's Goin' On"/"What's Happening Brother" (live -1973)



BlackStar feat. Common -- "Respiration"

2 comments:

dj5fold said...

So, um, what happened to your old mattress?

J Gilla said...

well, we bought a new bed and didn't buy the mattress (didn't like the prices they were talking about), so it's been sitting in our guest room, in pieces, as we continue to use our old bed

so now we're buying the mattress

but I know it sounds kinda weird the way I said it