Saturday, July 14, 2007

Itzsoweezee ( yeah, right)

As I continue my week-long descent into madness trying to get an editing program (any editing program!) to capture the images that I shot last weekend, I thought about my favorite De La Soul video. (There's no rhyme or reason, that's just how my brain works.) The song is called "Itzsoweezee," the irony being that I am at wits end trying to figure out how I'm going to edit my movie. I thought actually editing it would be the hard part -- and not really hard, just time consuming -- I had no idea that actually getting a program to a) accept my camera or b) accept my footage in the format that it was finalized in would take up most of my evenings and that I would still have nothing to show for it.

If you're reading this and you know something about this kind of thing, please help.

Anyway, here's the De La Soul video.



Definitely a slept-on song in their canon, but the video always moved me because it's so fun. It took me back to high school. Well, not my high school , per se, but high school in general. You'd have a hard time shooting a video like this today, especially with such an all-star cast of rappers. People wouldn't let their guard down enough to be silly for 3 minutes and then, the cheerleaders would have to be naked or something. It just wouldn't work. Sad.

Happily, my mom's coming into town tomorrow and she'll be here all week. It's good. I need a break from this computer before I throw it out the window.

No comments: