Thursday, June 07, 2007

your flow's colder, nigga, do over (c) me

Finally went to the famed Do Over, a weekly Hollywood event where eclectic types can meet and dance to some great music. It runs every Sunday from 2-10 at Crane's Hollywood Tavern. 9th Wonder was there, I had just missed his set, which I'm sure was fiyah. The DJs were killing it: a lot of disco type flow and he killed it when he went to an 80s mix with "Our House," Huey Lewis & the News, and of course, "Thriller." Guilty Simpson popped through, you'll see him in a few. And, as always, Aloe Blacc helped MC the event. It was fun. We'll be back. Here's some photos:

A picture our future children will laugh at one day. Ya boy J Breezie stay shooting photos and grindin on wifey with the simultaneousnessssssssss. Respect my hustle.


Homechick on the right had THE BIGGEST booty I've seen in a minute. I just had to get that off my chest. Sorry, no evidence. This is a family show.






I just had to get dude's fro. Oh, and that's Detroit rapper Guilty Simpson on the left.


Posters were supposed to be done, but because of a miscommunication, the earliest they'll be done is tomorrow (Friday.) Y'all better pray for me if it doesn't happen. It's funny how these companies be quick to take your loot, but slow to give you good customer service.

What have I been bumping? That new Carl Thomas is SOLID.



"Late Night Rendezvous" is serious. I'm probably more glad that he's finally off Bad Boy than he is. Finally, somebody making some real soulful R&B.

Otherwise:
Marvin Gaye -- What's Going On (and really just Marvin in general, lately; I've been thinking about my script again)
The Main Ingredient has been getting some burn.
Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes

Here's the type of random stuff be going through my mind at work:

1) What exactly is leukemia?
2) Why is it that I fully understood time signatures as a ten-year-old taking drum lessons, but don't get it now?
3) Doesn't everybody have some kind of phobia? Like leprophobia (the fear if leprosy). Don't we all have that?

I'm off the Bay. Will be back with pictures and stuff.

No comments: