Friday, November 24, 2006

It's been a long time (c) Rakim

Yeah, I know. But holla at a player when you see me in the streets. Been running around and haven't really had much time (or haven't taken the time) to update this site. I'll be better. I'm gonna start going to some Clips games again pretty soon, so that'll give me more pics and strange stories, presumably.

Couldn't sleep last night (probably on some post-Thanksgiving "itis" (c) Dave Chappelle) and stumbled down stairs at 3am to watch HBO. Stumbled across the old movie called Myra Breckenridge starring Raquel Welch. What a strange film. This trailer gives you a little insight.



Basically Raquel plays this dude who had a sex change and comes back to wreak havoc on his old crew, trying to blur the lines between what makes a man a man and what makes a woman a woman. Movie was mad disturbing and mean-spirited and not even really entertaining, and yet, between Raquel's fine self and a young Farrah Fawcett (playing -- you guessed it -- a naive blonde) your boy couldn't stop watching. Plus, it had a little bit of Hollywood trivia in it: the great director John Huston playing her/his uncle, a creepy looking Mae West playing a singer and future film critic Rex Reed playing the male version of Raquel.

For those who've been asking, the album is done. Mark 1 is working on the final mix and it's going to be called Sunshine in October. I'll be back to talk about each song individually later but for now, here's a track listing.

1. Intro
2. Make Your Body Move
3. The Do-Over
4. Avondale Aphrodite feat. Cedric Clark
5. Around My Way feat. Sonny Blaq & Trenekia Danielle
6. Special Lady
7. Work to Do
8. The 25th Hour
9. Somethin' Wicked This Way Comes
10. Ridin' (Thru Ya Hood Tonite)
11. UFO
12. Sunshine in October

12 songs strong. I'm really proud of it. Hopefully, we can start getting some MP3s up pretty soon, so you can hear it.

Otherwise, just chilling. I'm about to have my own podcast pretty soon, so be on the lookout for that. Right now, it looks like I'll be reading some of my old Intrepid articles, a la some of my classic gigs at Karma Coffeehouse from a year ago. Speaking of Intrepid, my latest piece "Awkward Moments" just came out last week.

I heart John Legend. My love for the song "Maxine" is beginning to border on obsession.



And the mystery of why so few black people found their way to a Seinfeld set suddenly becomes clearer.

RIP to a great, great film director, Robert Altman.



One.

No comments: